I draw upon a range of different models, all of which are linked by a common belief in our human potential for change and growth. Principally I use ideas from transactional analysis and solution-focused thinking as I have found these offer a particularly potent blend for helping people better understand themselves and others and to effect the change they desire to make.
All of my work is underpinned by the following:
- Contracting Before undertaking any work, I will ensure that I am clear as to precisely what you are hoping to achieve by drawing on my services. I will only engage in work where I am confident that I will bring added value to what is already being done.
- Promoting autonomy I am a behaviour and leadership specialist – and resist any attempts to be described as an ‘expert’! Such a label potentially creates an unhealthy dynamic and discounts the skills and experiences my clients bring to our work. My overall aim is to empower you so that you can do more of what you do well and move into new areas of competence.
- Ethical responsibility As a member of the European Association of Transactional Analysis, I adhere to their ethical code. Of particular importance is my commitment to respecting confidentiality throughout and after the support has been completed.
- Relationship The relationship I build with my clients is absolutely central to my work. Trust and respect are the cornerstones here.
- Ongoing learning In order to ensure that I am providing the highest quality of service, I regularly invest in my own professional development. I am currently working towards accreditation as a Certified Transactional Analyst (Education), which involves a comprehensive training programme as well as supervision.