School improvement CPD with a difference for headteachers
“HeadSpace has proved to be an invaluable support for myself as a headteacher. I’ve really appreciated Steve’s input and the opportunities to meet and chat with like-minded heads.”
Headteacher on HeadSpace course
Most school improvement conversations tend to focus on data and targets. However, increasingly Steve’s discussions with headteachers frequently highlighted that, as important as these are, what heads really want support with are the tricky and sometimes thorny issues such as:
- Managing and leading on change.
- Pupil behaviour/exclusions.
- Staff issues.
- Personal integrity – A sense that perhaps the direction of travel within education is causing some heads to begin to feel disconnected from their original sense of vocation.
With this in mind, HeadSpace was created to provide a confidential space for school leaders to explore these and other areas of concern. It is facilitated either to a group of like-minded headteachers or through one-to-one coaching with Steve.
Themes covered in previous HeadSpace groups have included:
- Leadership and values-based leadership.
- Self-esteem – not just taking care of your colleagues’ but your own.
- Values and vocation – reconnecting with what first drove you to become an education leader.
- From surviving to thriving – reducing stress to increase your professional skills and effectiveness.
Please contact Steve for further details or to book a place.